It’s the season of wearing down jackets again, and many people have begun to go shopping to purchase down jackets. There is actually a lot of knowledge about the fabrics of down jackets. The editor below will tell you which down jacket fabric is better, nylon or polyester fiber? Is the down jacket soft or hard?
Down jacket nylon Which one is better?
Generally speaking, nylon fabric is better, smoother, stronger, etc., but the cost is higher than polyester fiber, so many down jackets are made of polyester fiber.
Nylon is often referred to as nylon fiber. The scientific name of nylon is polyamide. Its luster is darker, the color is not bright, and it feels stiff, but it is strong and wear-resistant. It has low density, light fabric, good elasticity, resistance to fatigue damage, good chemical stability, and is resistant to alkali but not acid! Therefore, when washing nylon fabrics, be careful not to use acidic builders.
Polyester fiber is often referred to as polyester. Polyester fabric is a chemical fiber clothing fabric that is widely used in daily life and is suitable for outerwear. Its luster is bright, but not soft enough. It has a glittering effect and feels smooth, flat and elastic. There are no obvious creases when you pinch the silk surface tightly with your hands and then release it. In addition, its fabric has high strength, good impact resistance, heat resistance, corrosion resistance, moth resistance, acid and alkali resistance, and good light resistance, but has poor hygroscopicity and difficulty in dyeing. The fabric is easy to wash and quick-dry, and has good shape retention.
Which down jacket is better, soft or hard?
Both soft and hard down jacket fabrics have their own advantages. Generally, down jackets with softer fabrics will be more comfortable to wear, while those with harder fabrics will Down jackets will block more wind, so you can choose according to your own needs.
The types of down jacket fabrics generally include: waterproof coated (laminated) fabrics, high-density water-repellent fabrics, and ordinary woven fabrics plus anti-flannel fabrics. The waterproof coated fabric is relatively hard. If you press the surface fabric with your fingers and you can clearly feel that there is a layer of cloth inside the outer material, then it means that anti-velvet fabric has been added, which is not comfortable. High-density water-repellent fabrics are the thinnest, softest and most comfortable, while ordinary woven fabrics have poor air permeability. #p#subtitle#e#
How to choose down jacket fabrics
(1) Choose down jackets made by well-known fabric manufacturers.
(2) You must basically distinguish which type of fabric it belongs to, so that you can better judge whether it meets your needs. Waterproof coated (coated) fabrics are relatively hard; use your fingers to swipe the surface fabric. If you clearly feel that there is a layer of cloth inside the outer material, then it means anti-velvet fabric has been added; the lightest, softest and only one layer is high quality. Density water repellent fabric. There is a widely used fabric on the market, which is made of ordinary woven fabrics with anti-velvet treatment. The fabric has poor air permeability, so try not to choose it.
(3) The fabric must be flawless, including skipping yarn, color spots, etc., and it must not fade when washed.
(4) In terms of current textile technology, the weight and breathability of fabrics and the anti-down properties of fabrics are a contradictory combination, and there is a common situation where one is strong and the other is weak. Therefore, consumers need to choose a balance point here and have a clear concept: either a 100% down jacket is a good down jacket.
How to store down jackets
1. Empty all pockets of the down jacket for important items.
Before storing, check each pocket of the down jacket to see if there are any important items to be used. If there are any, take them out as soon as possible. For the convenience of future search and use, the author remembers that the down jackets I wore in the early years changed seasons. I kept it, but I forgot to take out the candies inside. As a result, they were stuck all over my pocket, and my clothes were almost scrapped because of this.
2. Select and prepare clothes hangers.
There are a few tricks in choosing clothes hangers. Men should choose wider men’s clothes hangers, while women should choose narrower women’s clothes hangers. It is also best to choose clothes hangers with non-slip material on the shoulders, which will help maintain the original shape of the clothes. , so that the clothes will not be hung until the end, causing the clothes to lose their shape and become loose.
3. Prepare storage boxes.
The function of the storage box is to store various small accessories on down jackets, such as the plush on the down jacket hat, spare buttons of the down jacket, the hat of the down jacket, etc., you can put this small storage box In the box. Storage in categories makes it more convenient when you need to wear them in the coming year.
4. Pull up the zipper of the down jacket.
The reason for zipping up the down jacket is that it can better maintain the shape of the clothes itself during storage by hanging them in the cabinet, and will not cause the original shape to change and become Sagging.