What kind of fabric is piqué cotton? Is this fabric comfortable to wear? How to wash and maintain it? Let’s take a look…
Piqué cotton is called PIQUE in English, so many places call it PK cloth based on its English pronunciation. Because this fabric is weft-knitted by a circular knitting machine, the texture is granular and protruding, resembling a pineapple, so some people call it pineapple cloth.
Characteristics of pique cotton fabric
1. Breathable and washable: Piqué cotton is a type of knitted fabric. Due to its special manufacturing process, the fabric is porous and is more breathable and drier than ordinary knitted fabrics. , more washable.
2. Sweat-absorbent and high color fastness: Different fabrics are used. Pique fabric is better at absorbing sweat, has good color fastness, and is not easy to fade when washed. Generally used to make T-shirts, sportswear, POLO shirts, etc.
3. Crisp: Pique cotton has good stiffness and is not easily deformed. Many big brands like to use this kind of fabric, such as British Predton, American Stephen King, BURBERRY, Italian GUCCI and other brands.
4. Air permeability and moisture permeability: The structure of pique cotton has very good air permeability and moisture permeability, and it feels relatively soft. Even in the sweltering summer, it can give us a gentle touch and comfortable enjoyment.
5. Classification: From the yarn point of view, it can be divided into coarse beading and fine beading, and from the technical point of view, it can be divided into ordinary beading and mercerized beading. Because of the mercerization process, the price of mercerized pearls is much higher than that of ordinary pearls.
Wash and dry
1. Can be machine washed or hand washed. Do not rub vigorously during washing. .
2. Do not expose to the sun when drying.
3. After drying, turn the clothes over and loosen them before drying them. Pull them horizontally twice and vertically twice and then shake them out.
4. After smoothing, turn the clothes over, put the hanger in it, fasten all the buttons, and arrange the collar so that it will be very straight after drying.
5. After the clothes are dry, you can also iron them appropriately, so that they will look better on your body.